Whether you’re moving for a new job, because you need more space, or for other reasons—one thing always remains a constant: moving is an exciting time. However, as thrilling the process can be, relocation itself can be a hassle. Some concerns that can affect the experience for many homeowners include trying to make their belongings fit into an incompatible layout of a new home, and working with inconvenient move-out and move-in dates. These issues can be challenging and can create more frustration during an already complicated time.
One increasingly popular option for people that are moving is to take advantage of storage options. Fortunately, for residential movers there has never been a better time to take advantage of a range of storage options to suit your needs. Storage solutions can be quite helpful for those planning to relocate, with personalized features designed to make your moving experience a success.
At Bekins of South Florida, we work hard to create custom solutions designed to facilitate the moving experience for our customers. We’re proud to offer comprehensive moving and storage solutions for those that need the extra space before, during, and after relocation. If you’re interested in making your next moving process a breeze, this article will reveal some of the major benefits of storage options, as well as the different options available to people planning a move.
Exploring the Benefits of Storage
The main benefit of storage is to safeguard items for those without the extra space on their own properties. However, the benefits of storage options go far beyond just keeping your belongings in another location.
Some benefits of household storage include:
· Protection: Today, the ability to protect and keep belongings safe is a significant concern that storage facilities take seriously. Most facilities have video surveillance, individual alarms for each unit, and gated access that requires a pin code or similar security measure.
· Sales Assistance: In many cases, a person or family that is moving needs to sell their existing home before the move. With storage units, you can get a head start on your packing and organization while keeping your home in perfect condition to show potential buyers.
· Downsizing Friendly: An increasingly more common trend in moving is to relocate to a smaller residence. Naturally, this can result in frustration and stress during the move. With storage, you can prioritize your belongings by necessity and priority. Whatever doesn’t make it into the home can still be easily accessible with the right storage options.
· Customized Options: Storage solutions can be personalized with the right company. A state-of-the-art storage facility will offer specialized benefits for customers depending on their needs.
Specialized Storage Options
Every homeowner’s needs are different during a relocation, which is why any reputable moving company will offer customized options to suit their needs during a move. Storage facilities generally offer custom options as well, designed to suit the preferences and requirements of customers—especially when they’re in the process of moving. Knowing the options available for both moving and storage services can help to maximize your moving experience. For example, some useful storage options available for your next move include:
· Storage for Household Goods: If you have valuables that are fragile or need to be in an environment that won’t warp or damage your belongings, then consider climate-controlled storage units and dust-free spaces to maintain the integrity of your belongings.
· Portable Storage: Perfect for those who need very temporary storage solutions during a move. You can get a portable storage unit that is placed where you need it for an affordable rate and optimal accessibility.
· Indoor Storage: This option is perfect for those with large and small items, from clothing, to sensitive computer equipment and electronics, and furniture. Indoor units allow for extra security and even security checkpoints, and sheltered access (convenient for accessing your storage unit in all types of weather).
· Outdoor storage: These units are naturally larger than indoor or portable versions. For those who have multiple rooms or large items to store, an outdoor unit is one of the best options available. Plus, you can drive right up to the unit itself allowing for minimal travel distance between unit and transportation.
· Full-Service Storage: The most comprehensive choice for storing any kind of belongings is full-service storage. Full-service options include valet-style services, where your belongings are picked up and delivered straight to the storage facility, or straight from the facility to wherever you need them. Full-service storage options can also include climatized units, extra-large space, and other features customized to suit your needs.
Convenient Storage and Moving Solutions in South Florida
The easiest way to take care of your moving and storage needs at the same time is to work with a moving and storage company that does both. Bekins of South Florida is ready to assist you with every aspect of your moving project, with full-service relocation services combined with comprehensive storage solutions for those that need them.
Ready to explore Bekins of South Florida’s long-term or short-term storage options? Give us a call to speak with one of our agents about our professional moving and storage services or fill out our online form to schedule your free quote.