Whether it is for a new job, a better home, or a more suitable living environment, relocating from one home to another can be a stressful and exhausting process. However, as moving is also an essential part of life for the vast majority of people, rest assured that there are some ways to alleviate the burden of moving and even enjoy the experience.
One of the most effective ways is to find reliable moving companies that offer professional, comprehensive solutions to help ensure a smooth relocation process. Our professional movers at Bekins of South Florida, for example, are highly trained and experienced to flawlessly handle the complexity of any moving situation—whether your moving project is small and simple or large and complicated.
However, even though you choose to hire moving companies, it is also important to learn about the moving process and what to expect. In this article, our team at Bekins of South Florida will give you the rundown on what you can expect during your relocation and how you can prepare yourself for the best outcome possible.
Collaborate with a Moving Company
After researching and carefully choosing the best moving company to hire, it is important to work closely with the team to achieve the most personalized services possible. To start, a reliable mover will send a moving expert to your home to begin the process with a free quote and consultation. During this initial meeting, you’ll learn more details about how to get started according to your timeline and receive a step-by-step overview of the services they can provide to facilitate your move.
After getting a free and accurate in-home estimate based on the size and location of the move, the moving consultant will serve as the point of contact for everything regarding the relocation. This representative must help you determine which type of services you need such as packing, specialized handling, transportation, or storage, and keep you updated throughout every step of the way.
The Homeowners’ Responsibilities
Although your professional movers will perform the heavy lifting and the bulk (if not all) of any move-related tasks, there are still some things that could be left pending. Keep in mind that this depends on the services you choose from your moving company, and whether you’ve chosen full packing services as a part of your package.
- Packing and transporting important documents, money, jewelry, and other valuables
- Arrange the transportation of items not allowed on the moving company’s moving trucks such as flammable or explosive items
- Take off items on the wall for the movers to pack and transport (e.g., décor, ceiling fans, lights)
- Remove food items from the refrigerator as moving companies usually don’t transport perishable food items
- If you’re moving cars and motorcycles, empty them of all gas and oil
- Handle all important documentation such as address changes, school records, and vehicle transfers
During moving day, your professional movers will be busy transferring your moving boxes onto the truck. As you might expect, it will be a busy day for everyone involved—and to make sure that everything runs smoothly, see to it that you do the following:
- Make yourself or a representative available for the entirety of the day to answer questions from the movers.
- Carefully check the inventory sheet with the truck driver and movers before you sign it.
- Before leaving your old home, take a final walk to make sure that nothing important is left behind.
- Make sure that you can come in contact with the moving consultant and driver while on the road
- As your household items are being unloaded, make sure that nothing is damaged or missing
- Notify your moving consultant if some items are missing or have been damaged during the transportation
The South Florida Professional Movers You Can Depend On
Now that you have a clear idea of what to expect throughout the moving process, it is important to choose the most suitable mover to hire. If you are looking for reliable South Florida professional movers, Bekins of South Florida is the company to check out.
With more than half a century in the industry, we have served as the most trusted family-owned company with over 300 locations across the United States. Due to our team’s dedication to providing the highest quality of service in residential, commercial, and industrial moving, we have earned top-ratings from our customers and an A+ accreditation from the Better Business Bureau, the Best Moving Company Award from the Daily Business Review (2012-2017), and other accolades.
If you want to learn more about how we can help you on your next relocation project, call us today or fill out this quick online form for a free in-home estimate and consultation.